IQ test on war on Iraq
Here's some information worth knowing that you'll never get on CNN. Do you know enough to justify going to war with Iraq? Take the War on Iraq IQ Test:
1. Q: What percentage of the world's population does the U.S. have?
2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth does the U.S. have?
3. Q: Which country has the largest oil reserves?
A: Saudi Arabia
4. Q: Which country has the second largest oil reserves?
5. Q: How much is spent on military budgets a year worldwide?
A: $900+ billion
6. Q: How much of this is spent by the U.S.?
7. Q: What percent of US military spending would ensure the essentials of life to everyone in the world, according the the UN?
A: 10% (that's about $45 billion, the amount of funding initially requested to fund our retaliatory attack on Afghanistan).
8. Q: How many people have died in wars since World War II?
A: 86 million
9. Q: How long has Iraq had chemical and biological weapons?
A: Since the early 1980's.
10. Q: Did Iraq develop these chemical and biological weapons on their own?
A: No, the materials and technology were supplied by the US government, along with Britain and private corporations.
11. Q: Did the US government condemn the Iraqi use of gas warfare against Iran?
12. Q: How many people did Saddam Hussein kill using gas in the Kurdish town of Halabja in 1988?
13. Q: How many western countries condemned this action at the time?
14. Q: How many gallons of Agent Orange did America use in Vietnam?
A: 17 million.
15. Q: Are there any proven links between Iraq and September 11th terrorist attack?
16. Q: What is the estimated number of civilian casualties in the Gulf War?
17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi military inflict on the western forces during the Gulf War ?
18. Q: How many retreating Iraqi soldiers were buried alive by U.S. tanks with ploughs mounted on the front?
19. Q: How many tons of depleted uranium were left in Iraq and Kuwait after the Gulf War?
A: 40 tons
20. Q: What according to the UN was the increase in cancer rates in Iraq between 1991 and 1994?
21. Q: How much of Iraq's military capacity did America claim it had destroyed in 1991?
22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans to use its weapons for anything other than deterrence and self defense?
23. Q: Does Iraq present more of a threat to world peace now than 10 years ago?
24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the Pentagon predicted in the event of an attack on Iraq in 2002/3?
25. Q: What percentage of these will be children?
A: Over 50%
26. Q: How many years has the U.S. engaged in air strikes on Iraq?
A: 11 years
27. Q: Was the U.S and the UK at war with Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
28. Q: How many pounds of explosives were dropped on Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
A: 20 million
29. Q: How many years ago was UN Resolution 661 introduced, imposing strict sanctions on Iraq's imports and exports?
A: 12 years
30. Q: What was the child death rate in Iraq in 1989 (per 1,000 births)?
31. Q: What was the estimated child death rate in Iraq in 1999 (per 1,000 births)?
A: 131 (that's an increase of 345%)
32. Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have died by October 1999 as a result of UN sanctions?
A: 1.5 million
33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated to have died due to sanctions since 1997?
34. Q: Did Saddam order the inspectors out of Iraq?
35. Q: How many inspections were there in November and December 1998?
36. Q: How many of these inspections had problems?
37. Q: Were the weapons inspectors allowed entry to the Ba'ath Party HQ?
38. Q: Who said that by December 1998, Iraq had in fact, been disarmed to a level unprecedented in modern history?
A: Scott Ritter, UNSCOM chief.
39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post 1991 capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction did the UN weapons inspectors claim to have discovered and dismantled?
40. Q: Is Iraq willing to allow the weapons inspectors back in?
41. Q: How many UN resolutions did Israel violate by 1992?
A: Over 65
42. Q: How many UN resolutions on Israel did America veto between 1972 and 1990?
43. Q: How much does the U.S. fund Israel a year?
A: $5 billion
44. Q: How many countries are known to have nuclear weapons?
45. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Iraq have?
46. Q: How many nuclear warheads does US have?
A: over 10,000
47. Q: Which is the only country to use nuclear weapons?
A: the US
48. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Israel have?
A: Over 400
49. Q: Has Israel ever allowed UN weapons inspections?
50. Q: What percentage of the Palestinian territories are controlled by Israeli settlements?
51. Q: Is Israel illegally occupying Palestinian land?
52. Q: Which country do you think poses the greatest threat to global peace: Iraq or the U.S.?
53. Q: Who said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"?
A: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.